Jessica Sepel’s nut butter and sea salt brownies recipe.
This recipe is everything you could want from a brownie; it’s gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free and full of good-for-you healthy fats! Perfect for an afternoon of baking or a low-sugar sweet treat. I think you will love.
Makes: 12 slices
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
• 1 cup almond butter
• 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Sift coconut flour, cacao powder, sea salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk almond butter, maple syrup, eggs and almond milk for a few minutes, until light and bubbly.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Stir through dark chocolate, if using.
5. Spoon into a lined cake or brownie dish and bake in oven for 25-30 mins, until just cooked.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.