Decadent chocolate filling sandwiched between two layers of raw cookie dough. There are absolutely no nasties in this recipe so consider it guilt-free salivating.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes: 1 round cake
2 cups gluten free oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup honey
3 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Cocobella Coconut Water
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1. Line a 8” x 8″ round cake tin with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and coconut.
3. Add almond butter and honey. Mix together with your hands or a wooden spoon.
4. Pour in vanilla and mix until well combined. The mixture should now be holding its own shape when pressed together.
5. Split mixture into two even amounts.
6. Press one half of the mixture into prepared cake tin. Place in the refrigerator. Set other half aside.
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cacao and coconut water and mix until smooth.
2. Stir through honey, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla.
3. Add coconut and mix until thick and well combined.
4. Pour mixture over the base cookie dough layer, spreading it out evenly.
5. Place in the freezer and set for 30 minutes.
6. Press the other half of the cookie dough mixture over the chocolate filling, spread it evenly.
7. Place back into the freezer for 15 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
Store cake in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for 1 week. Keep in the freezer on hot days and if the chocolate filling begins to melt.
This recipe is from Wholesome Patisserie. For more recipes like it visit wholesomepatisserie.com.