All your non-dairy, gluten-free dreams have just come true.
Coconut-based ice cream free from dairy which has been infused with peppermint. The perfect after dinner dessert the whole family can enjoy!
Serves: serves 2-4
Prep time: 12 hours
1 cup almond milk, chilled
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 cups coconut cream, chilled
3 tbsp Coconut Water, chilled
3 tsp peppermint extract
Special equipment: Ice-Cream Churner
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and sugar. Whisk until sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Pour in coconut cream and whisk until well combined.
3. Add in coconut water and peppermint extract, whisk well.
4. If making ice-cream straight away, make sure your ice-cream churner bowl has been frozen for the required amount of time, set by the manufactures directions.
5. If not using mixture straight away, cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator until ready.
6. Churn ice-cream mixture for 20-30 minutes, or as directed by the instructions on your ice-cream churner. Mine took 30 minutes.
7. Note: the ice-cream will not look completely like soft serve, but it will turn icy.
8. Once churned, pour ice-cream into a deep baking pan or tupperware container and set in the freezer for 2-3 hours or ideally overnight.
9. If you do not have an ice-cream churner, simply pour mixture into a deep baking pan or tupperware container and set overnight. The consistency will be thinner compared to using the ice-cream churner.
10. To serve: Remove ice-cream from freezer and let it slightly defrost in room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes or until you can scoop it out.
11. Serve with toppings such as fresh mint leaves, fruit and melted chocolate.
The ice-cream will freeze solid. Letting it defrost until you can scoop it out is ideal.
If you’re not using an ice-cream churner, whisk the mixture well and let it free overnight in a deep dish baking pan or tupperware container. The ice-cream will be thinner and may not be as creamy as compared to using an ice-cream churner, but still delicious!
This recipe is from Wholesome Patisserie. For more recipes like it visit wholesomepatisserie.com.